The Research Cell monitors and addresses all the issues of research in the college. All proposals for seminars, workshops, and conferences, guest lectures and projects are put up to the Research Cell before submitting to any funding agency. These are evaluated and approved by the members of Research Cell. The composition of the Research Cell ensures that the members adequately represent all subject disciplines, the IQAC Coordinator brings in the norms and quality indicators.
FUNCTIONS OF RESEARCH CELL-
- To evaluate and approve all proposals for workshop/seminars/conferences to be submitted to any funding agency by Department /Functional Unit of the College
- To evaluate and forward submission of project/workshop/seminars/ conferences reports.
- To maintain a research corner on the college website.
- To keep track and record of publications made by the faculty and ensure authenticity.
- To accept proposals for consultancy by the faculty members and approve of those meeting the criteria for consultancy as formulated by the Research Cell.
- To monitor the utilization of the revenue generated from consultancy for the college under the financial heads approved by the Principal.
- To approve the names of the session chairs/RPs to be invited for research events.
- To publish an ISBN/refreed research journal of the college on annual basis.
- To promote student trips to research and development centers of national and international repute.
- Dr. Vineeta Kaur Saluja , Principal (Chairperson)
- Dr. Sandhya Batalia (Asst. Prof., Department of Chemistry)
- Dr. Vandana Tiwari (Asst. Prof ., Department of Economics)
- Dr. Manjusha Pouranik (Asst. Prof ., Department of Zoology)
- Dr. M.K. Jain (Asst. Prof ., Department of Commerce & Management)
- Dr S. Kurariya (Asst. Prof ., Department of Computer Science)
- Dr. Reenu Sharma (Asst. Prof ., Department of Mathematics)
HIGHLIGHTS OF RESEARCH OUTPUT
- Major research projects sanctioned by UGC and MAPCOST,ICSSR have been completed.
- Large no. of minor research projects sanctioned by UGC have been completed and many are ongoing.
- Publications of faculty have increased quantitatively and qualitatively too.
- The college research journal “Mata Gujri Research Journal of Recent Advances in Multidisciplinary Studies” is under publication.
- Faculty members are motivated towards becoming research guides and today MGMM has 20 research supervisors imparting guidance to 91 research scholars.
- National Conference sponsored by UGC on “Developmental Exploitation of Microbial Systems for Mankind” was organized by Department of Microbiology on 27th & 28th April 2012.
- A UGC sponsored National Conference on “Emerging Trends in Chemistry” was organized by the Department of Chemistry on 29th and 30th Dec 2012.
- A UGC sponsored National Conference on “Pure and Applied Mathematics” was organized by the Department of Mathematics on 4th – 5th Jan 2014.
- An ICSSR sponsored National Conference on “Financial Inclusion in India”, Issues, Challenges and way forward’ was organized by the Department of Commerce on 10th and 11th October 2015
- UGC sponsored National Workshop was organized in Department of Sociology on Prospects and Limitations of Social Groups in Rural area and consumer rights on 3rd and 4th Mar, 2012
- National Workshop sponsored by MPCST on hands on training on immunological techniques was organized by department of Zoology on 9th – 10th, 2012.
- A National Workshop sponsored by UGC on “Rashtriya Starr par Lok Sahitya ka Mahatv Bundeli Lok Sahitya ke Vishesh Sandarbh mein” was organized by Department of Hindi on 19th & 20th Jan 2013.
- A UGC sponsored National Workshop on “Developing Horizons in Microbiological Tools and Techniques” was organized by Department of Botany on 20th – 21st Feb 2013.
- A National workshop on ‘Immunological Training’ sponsored by UGC was organized by Department of Zoology on 3rd -9th Feb, 2014
- A National Workshop sponsored by MPCST was organized by Deptt. of Computer Science on “Endowment of Networking on Cross Platform” on 22nd and 23rd Mar 2014
- A National Workshop sponsored by MPCST was organized by Department of Zoology on “Lantana Management through Employment Generation and Biodiversity conservation in forests” on 26th Oct 2015 – 1st Nov 2015.
- National Seminar sponsored by UGC on Enhancing things in the smart way. Internet technologies (NSIT) on 3rd & 4th Dec 2011 was organized by Deptt. of Computer Science
- National Seminar sponsored by UGC on Empowerment of Women through Gender Budgeting in India was organized by Deptt. of Commerce on 30th Nov. 1st, 2012.
- A National Seminar on Numerical Mathematics was organized by Deptt. of Mathematics on 27th -28th Jan, 2015.
- National Seminar was organized by Department of Mathematics sponsored by MPCST on “Emerging Trends in Mathematics and its Applications” on 6th Feb 2016.