National Service Scheme
Mata Gujri College has to its credit two units of National Service Scheme . Two regular N.S.S officers coordinate the activity under the direction and guidance of the Director of NSS,Rani Durgawati Vishwavidyalaya. Students who believe in social values and are eager to make themselves socially relevant, may join these units. Students have the satisfaction and a sense of achievement in sharing their responsibility towards the society of which they are a part. In the camps organized under the banner of NSS, these students get an opportunity to relate with society at close quarters and try their best to strike at the prevalent social evils. They organize the literacy and awareness programmes to teach the ignorant, the basic principles of hygiene and cleanliness and thus improve upon the quality of their lives.
Motto :: “NOT ME, BUT YOU”
- A thoughtful and selfless gesture of service has been expressed by the faculty in the conduction of ‘free of cost’ tuition classes to school dropouts on Sundays at the college campus.
- As a womens’ college, realizing the repercussions of addiction on the family, society and a woman as an individual, the college has associated with the Nasha Mukti Kendra, working towards an alcohol rid society.
- About 100 students of the college have adopted two student dropouts each, from their neighborhood undertaking the job of their teaching. 30 more students have adopted three adults each to teach them to read and write.
- Tree Plantation drives are carried out.
- Constructive work in adopted villages and slums
- Blood donation
- Non-formal education
- Health, nutrition, family welfare awareness drive
- AIDS awareness campaigns
Composition of N.S.S. Unit
Two NSS unit consists of 100 student volunteers led by a teacher Incharge who is the NSS Programme Office.
MEMBERS OF N.S.S.
- Dr. Alpana Singh (Programme Officer)
- Dr. Rashmi Rao