Healthy body is a prerequisite for a healthy mind. So we provide facilities for athletic events, indoor and outdoor games, and other recreational activities. These sports activities keep our students healthy and in good spirits and help them grow strong and fit through the college years, that is, we create a balanced atmosphere of academic, cultural and sports activities for the overall personality development of the students.
The students are encouraged to compete in a variety of sports events and games organized by the university. Their potential in these events is utilized to the maximum and as a result the students bring many laurels to the institution attaining positions in these competitions. The college states with pride seven “Ekalave Puruskars” earned perseveringly by the students.
Mata Gujri College has a regular sports-officer to promote the budding talents in the field of sports and games. There are a variety of outdoor and indoor games for the students to choose from. For exceptionally talented students, who have excelled in a particular sport, more facilities are provided under the direction of sports committee of the college. Those who have distinguished themselves at the international, national and state level are given fee concession at the time of admission provided they produce documentary proof.
- To facilitate students participation in Inter Collegiate Competitions.
- To organize sports meet for recognizing the Athletic talents of our students.
- To provide all facilities and equipment to keep our students fit both physically and mentally, building endurance and strength of character.
- To develop sportsmanship, initiative and team spirit.
- To generate awareness of different sporting events of the world.
- (Mrs.) Vineeta Kaur Saluja (Chairperson)
- Dr. Mohini Baokar (Sports Officer)
- Dr. Sushma Jhinge
Excelling in sports performance, Mata Gujri College has dominated this year, the sports sphere competing in the maximum number of events with maximum participation in various inter college, Inter University (district level), Inter University (Division level) and Inter University (National level) and International competitions organized by the University and State Government.
Excelling in sports performance, Mata Gujri College has dominated this year also, the sports sphere competing in the maximum number of events with maximum participation in various inter college, Inter University (district level), Inter University (Division level) and Inter University (National level) and International competitions organized by the University and State Government.
National Games Kerala
- Swechcha Jatav-Silver medal.
- Purvi Soni-Silver medal
- Shradhdha Jatav-participation
Women’s Cup at Iran in September 2016
- Poorvi Soni-2 silver,1 bronze.
- Swechcha Jatav-2 silver
- Both are international wushu players
- Sakshi Jatav participated in Bulgaria Wargas 2016 and represented Indian Team.
- Ms Swechha Jatav, VIKRAM AWARD 2017
- Poorvi Soni Vikram Award 2016
- Shradhdha Yadav Eklavya Award 2010
- Sakhsi Jatav Eklavya Award 2014.
- Pooja Burman and Anjali Verma, represented state in MAA TUJHE PRANAM, 2017-18
Poorvi Soni also participated in BRICS games held in China and won 5th Position in the Womens all around competition of Changquan, Jianshu and Quanshu and Wushu.
Now, Poorvi Soni has been selected in World University Team of WUSHU.
Six students got first position in inter university Wushu tournament
1.Shraddha Yadav-2 silver medals
2.Purvi Soni-3 gold,1 silver medals
3.Swecchha Jatav-1 gold,2 silver,1 bronze medals
4.Sakshi Vaidya-participation .
5.Shivangi Gupta-2 bronze medals
Swechcha Jatav represented Indian Team in South Asian Games (Shillong).
She got 2 silver medals.