The department was established in the academic session 1994. The Department of Botany is presently forgoing ahead with UG & PG courses, setting new land marks in teaching and learning. The Herbal Hub of the department comprises of large number of medicinal plants. Several research projects sponsored by UGC & MPCST have been conducted successfully. Highly qualified teachers of the department are specialized in various fields viz. Plant Pathology, Mycology, Plant Physiology, Ethnobotany, Ecology, Plant Physiology, Agricultural & Microbiology, Plant Biotechnology, Plant tissue culture and Environmental Science.
Under Graduate Courses
- B.Sc. Biology- Chemistry, Botany and Zoology. (CBZ)
- B.Sc. Microbiology- Biochemistry/Chemistry, Botany and Microbiology ,
- B.Sc Biotechnology- Chemistry, Biotechnology and Botany
Post Graduate Courses
- M.Sc. in Botany
FACILITIES PROVIDED BY THE DEPARTMENT
- 03 computers with Internet facility
- One LCD projector
- One printer
- Departmental Library
- Book bank
- Question Bank
- Practical protocols
- News letters
- Gel Documentation system
- UV-Visible Spectrophotometer
- Orbital Shaker Incubator
- Stereo Binocular Microscope
MAJOR HIGHLIGHTS (2011-12 to 2015-16)
- Research projects completed
- Minor research projects: Completed – 09
- Major research projects: Completed – 02
- National Seminar organized: on ‘Current Trends in the field of Biodiversity and Sustainable use of Natural Resources’. 16-17th November 2009.
- National workshop organized on ‘Developing Horizons in Microbiological Tools and Techniques’. 20-21st Feb 2013.
- Science Academies’ New Delhi, sponsored Lecture workshop Fruits of Biotechnology on 18-19 th Aug 2017.
- Madhya Pradesh Science & Technology, Bhopal sponsored National Science Day was celebrated on 28 th Feb 2018.
- Research and publications
The Department runs Vigyan Prasar has affiliated Science Club has been upgraded to Bronze category in all India ranking.
- Research papers
- International & National- 86
- Book published:
- Chapter(s) in Books: 01
- Lab manuals-7
- Souvenir/workshop manual published: 02
- Faculty awards: 01
- Students awards: 4
- The department has got the facility for Dissertation and Research work.
- ICT oriented teaching and learning process
- Innovative Practicals
- Extension activity with Science club affiliated to Vigyan Prasar, New Delhi.
- Computer and internet facility
- Seminars and tutorials for students
- Feedback (teachers and syllabus) from students, Alumnae , Parents and subject and industrial expertss.
- Environmental Awareness Programmes
- Industrial visits
- Educational trips and Excursion trips to farms , Nature parks etc.
- Health awareness programme
- Mushroom cultivation
- Organic farming
- Ecofriendly Ganeshji idols making workshop
- Medicinal/herbal plant awareness programme
- Medicinal/herbal plant identification workshop
- Cleanliness drive/sanitation awareness programmes
- Soil & water analysis
- Fungal & Bacterial identification workshops
- National Science day celebration along with others special days like Birth anniversary of Scientists, world plantation day etc.
- Plantation in and around the college
- Guest lectures by eminent scientists.
FACULTY OF THE DEPARTMENT
|Dr. Ranu Singh||Asst. Professor||M.Sc. , Ph.D.||email@example.com||Profile|
|Dr. Monika Dhagat||Asst. Professor||M.Sc , Ph.Dfirstname.lastname@example.org||Profile|
|Dr. Meenal Rehman||H.O.D||M.Sc. , Ph.D.||email@example.com||Profile|
|Dr. Manisha Vyas||Assitant Professor||M.Sc.Botany (Gold Medalist), Ph. D.||firstname.lastname@example.org||Profile|
|Dr. Pragya Agrawal||Asst. Professor||M.Sc., M.Phil., Ph.D., MPSLETemail@example.com||Profile|