Certificate Course In Networking
- Preamble: The Department of P.G. Studies of Higher Studies of Mata Gujri Mahila Mahavidyalaya (Auto.) Madhya Pradesh has developed robust and forward-looking strategic plans over the past year. Since the strategic planning effort was initiated, there have been considerable developments at the University on strategic planning. There is also a desire to establish institutional priorities of college where focus is placed on creating new opportunities for education that are aligned with global challenges and mesh with University priorities. It is equally important to maintain the flexibility of supporting individual and small-group initiatives as the college has done in the past.
- Objective (In terms of Educational & career outcome):
- Provide Network technology to our trainee student.
- Continuous Associate with industry in developing curriculum and delivery of content.
- Supporting students to establish themselves as effective professionals by solving real problems through the use of computer science knowledge and with attention to team work, effective communication, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Programme description:“Certificate course in Networking”.
- Student Minimum Qualification:Students pursuing B.C.A, B.Com (CA), B.Sc. (CS) and M.Sc (CS) can enrol for this course.
- Duration of course:3 Months (3 Day Theory / 3 Day Practical).
- Cycle of Admission with dates:1st Batch
Admission: 1-15 January
Classes Started: 21/01/2019
Exam Scheduled : April 2019
- Fees structure:
- 1500/- course fee per student. b.500/- exam fee per student.
- Study pattern (hours of Theory sessions, Hours of Practical/ Field work):
Theory Session: 3days in week for one hour.
Practical Session: 3days in week for one hour.
- Pattern of examination and evaluation:
- Student shall be access one theory paper and one practical examination .Marking scheme distribution would be as under.
Theory – Maximum 100 Marks Min: 40 Marks
Practical- Maximum 100 Marks Min: 40 Marks
Grading and certificate:
Marks distribution scheme:
- Practical 80 marks
- Internal Assessment 10 marks
- Viva –Voce 10 marks
- For successful completion the candidate will be required to obtain a minimum of 40% marks in theory paper, internal assessment and 50% marks in practical examination.
- The classification of examinees after having passed in this certificate course shall only be made by grading system as follow:
Pattern of revaluation: Again arranging the exam as per the law of UGC and Higher education.
- Inputs from external agencies: Subject expert from Industry
- Syllabus prescribed for certificate / diploma / Degree in the Department of Computer
Science Academic session 2018- 2019. And onwards
Topics covered in above certificate Course are:
- Basic networking concepts :- LAN, WAN, MAN, PAN, CAN.
- Installing and configuring Network Adapter and card
- Cabling & trouble shouting
- Configuring Networking Devices :-Routers,Switches,Hub.Bridges,Wire and Wireless Tecnologies
- Configuring IP addresses,Sharing files and folders,Network Troubleshooting.
- Setup Internet connections: Dialup, Broadband, Leased Line, Wi-Fi.
- Configuring and establishing Wired and Wireless LAN