code of conduct
- Institutional Values
- Code of Conduct
Mata Gujri Mahila Mahavidyalaya is committed to providing a free thinking and fostering environment to its student community. The College works towards incorporating values, culture and skill through comprehensive education. It believes that the prime goal of higher education is to inculcate a deep sense of respect for diversity and provide equal opportunity to all students, irrespective of caste, creed, socioeconomic, cultural, or religious background. It is known for imparting education that produces aware, thoughtful and sensitive citizens with a strong sense of social responsibility and deep rooted humanism.
Students are expected to remember at all times that –
- They are expected to uphold the legacy and values of the institution.
- The prestige of the college has been built assiduously over two decades of sustained excellence.
- They are members of a community that has a clearly spelt out mission and vision.
- The college takes great pride in the liberal values it imparts and the role it plays towards women’s empowerment.
- The college leads movements for a fair, just and equitable world.
- The college has zero tolerance towards ills that besiege student world and society, such as ragging, abuse of substance, violation of rules, ordinances and legislations; misuse of democratic rights and breach of constitutional framework.
The college expects exemplary behaviour from its students as they are the successor of traditions and shall be leaders of tomorrow. Above all, students are expected to be proactive partners in college’s mission of providing excellence in education with equity.
Code of Conduct:
The students taking admission in MGMM should abide by the rules mentioned below:
- Lack of courtesy and decorum; unbecoming conduct within and outside the Institute; willful damage to Institutes property, removal of any property belonging to the Institute, fellow students or other personnel of the Institute; use of abusive and offensive language; disturbing fellow students in their studies; breach of rules and regulations of the Institute; adoption of unfair practices in tests, quizzes, assignments, or examinations; noisy and unruly behavior shall constitute violation of the code of conduct.
- Ragging an academic evil, is strictly prohibited and will not be tolerated in any form in the college. If any student is found guilty of ragging or if any complaint is received against any student, then an offence of ragging may be registered and it may be punishable as per UGC norms.
- Students of the College are expected to behave responsibly, both inside and outside the College. Ragging in any form is a criminal offence and is strictly prohibited. Any occurrence should be immediately reported to the Anti-ragging Committee.
- Students are required to be dressed in the college uniform on the days fixed and to be neatly and decently dressed on the other days of the week when in campus.
- Students must pay their fee/dues on or before the prescribed deadline.
- Candidates have to fulfill the minimum attendance requirements as per university norms.
- The college is committed to promoting a substance-abuse free environment for its student community. Awareness campaigns are regularly conducted to sensitize and inform – faculty, non-teaching staff and students – about the adverse effects of drug addiction, tobacco consumption and alcohol abuse. All members of MGMM Community are urged to lead a healthy life and stay away from these abuses.
- The college organizes activities such as- Training and Placement, Skill enhancement programmes, Entrepreneurship development Programmes for the students as per the need. The updates for the same will be given from time to time. Students must go through updates notified on Notice Board and College Website.
- All applications must be addressed to the Principal through proper channel.
- The Principal reserves the right to modify any of the Institute rules as and when necessary. The decision of the Principal in consent with the chairman in all the matters shall be final.
- All common areas of the college, including the library are under 24×7 CC-TV surveillance.
- The College office is open to students for transacting business on all working days between 9.00 am to 4.30 pm only. However, students are advised to consult college notice boards/website for routine information.
- The use of Mobile/ Cell Phones is strictly PROHIBITED in the classrooms. Those who are found guilty of using them will be punished with heavy fine. No complaint regarding loss of mobile will be entertained.
- Students are responsible for their personal belongings including laptops, mobiles, handbags, books etc. The college is not responsible for the loss of personal property. Students are advised not to bring huge amount of money, jewellery or other valuables to the college.
- Any change in the residential address email ID, telephone number of a student should be immediately communicated to the College.
- A student carrying mobiles into the examination hall shall be treated as a case of unfair means.
- Every student must attend her classes regularly. According to the rules for attendance prescribed by the university only those students who have attended 75% of the total classes per semester will be eligible to take up the university examinations. A student may be detained and not allowed to appear in the examinations if she fails to set minimum percentage of attendance.
- Enrolment form must be filled online by all the students ( UG/PG) 1st Year/Semester, before 31st October.
- It is compulsory for all the students to appear in Internal assessment/CCE as well as complete the projects since the marks are recorded in the Annual exam/ Semester end exam mark sheet. A student absent /failing in the Internal assessment/CCE shall be treated as Supplementary/ATKT candidate.
- Under Semester system, Students with ATKT in two papers can proceed to the next semester.
- Under Annual pattern, Students with Supplementary will have to appear in Supplementary examination for both Paper 1 and Paper 2 of that Subject. The first attempt would be conducted within two months of result declaration. Students would be given two attempts to clear supplementary. If the student doesn’t clear the supplementary examination first time, she will not be promoted to the next class. However, she will be given a second chance next year to clear the examination.
- Students with supplementary in more than one subject, will be treated fail.
- No personal letter directed and addressed to a student shall be delivered to her.
- A student found guilty of damaging the property of the college, equipment, furniture and vehicles parked in the campus will have to pay heavy fine.
- No student is supposed to loiter in the corridors of the college and to disturb the classes. If she is free and not attending classes, she should make the best use of library or restrict herself to the common room.
- The rules for minimum attendance requirements ( 75% ) must be strictly followed. Relaxation shall be given only in following cases-
- In the case of a student who is selected as a member of the NCC to participate in the annual NCC Camps or is deputed to undertake Civil Defence work and allied duties or in the case of a student who is enrolled in the NSS and is deputed to various public assignments by or with the approval of the Head of the institution concerned or a student who is selected to participate in sports or other activities organized by the Interuniversity board or in national or international fixtures in games or sports approved by the Vice- Chancellor or a student who is required to represent the university at the Interuniversity Youth Festival , or a student who is deputed by the college to take part in Inter-College extracurricular activities.
- The Principal of the college may consider, on the basis of the medical certificates produced, exceptionally hard cases of students who had fallen ill or had met with an accident during the year disabling them from attending classes for a certain period.
News & Events
Admission Open for all courses for session 2019-20. click ...
Gold Medals Awarded in 2018 S.No Area of Award...
********** Mata Gujri Mahila Mahavidyalaya has been awarded A+...
Laurels: 2018-19 College received NSS State Award for outstanding...
February 18, 2019 TIME TABLE 2019_II, IV(UG)IATKT
Admission Open 2019 Admission Open for all Courses. For...