History of MGMM
Mata Gujri Mahila Mahavidyalaya (Autonomous) having student strength of 5279 was established by Guru Gobind Singh Educational Society in the year 1994, affiliated to Rani Durgawati Vishwavidyalaya, Jabalpur and recognized by UGC under clauses 2f &12B since 1998. The college was first assessed by National Assessment and Accreditation Council, Banglore in 2004 and subsequently in 2011, earning the grade ‘A’ in both the cycles. College has recently undergone 3rd cycle of assessment by NAAC and has been graded A+ with CGPA 3.51/4.
Over the years, the college has incorporated the quality assurance practices as per NAAC quality indicators and perseveringly evolved into an institution known for ‘Women Empowerment’ in letter and spirit. Based on the NAAC recommendations, during the previous assessment and its own core strengths, the college has earned the Autonomous Status from UGC w.e.f. 1st April, 2012.
The quality of academics, with the plethora of 54 courses ( 28UG/ 10PG/ 01PG Diploma/ 15 Certificate Courses)in 20 departments of four faculties makes the college the first choice not only to the urban girl students,but also, to those from surrounding rural areas as well as public/private sector townships in the state. A Self-Financing college, MGMM has resiliently sustained and enhanced its growth both quantitatively and qualitatively.
The college takes pride in facilitating higher education access to 5279 Students ( including 415 students from Economically Backward families and 2842 students from socially challenged background). The college runs an IGNOU Study Centre too, offering PG/ UG degree, Diploma and Certificate courses educating approximately 1200 students. With increasing number of Programmes, students, teachers, administrative staff and the Class IV staff,the college has been augmenting its infrastructure appropriately. Students of the College have been awarded and recognized at National and International level in fields of academics, Sports, Cultural, Social work etc. The steady progress of the college is reflected though the following milestones.
- The College was established in 1994 with Science(Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, Physics, Mathematics and Computer Science Departments), Commerce Faculty. The degrees offered were B.Sc. & B.Com.
- In the Year 1997 the College took initiative to commence new programmes B.A., B.Sc. (Electronics) and B.Sc. (Microbiology) and established few new departments i.e. Electronics, Microbiology, Sociology, Political Science, History, Economics, English Literature and Hindi Literature.
- In the year 1998, Department of Commerce started Postgraduate Degree in Commerce(M.Com) and B.Com (Computer Application).
- In the year 1999, B.Com (Office Management) was introduced.
- In the year 2000, college established Biotechnology Department offering B.Sc. (Biotechnology) and the departments of Mathematics and English literature started Postgraduate Programmes of M.Sc. (Mathematics) and M.A. (English Literature).
- In the Year 2001, departments of Computer Science and Economics started Post Graduate programmes, offering M.Sc. (Computer Science) and M.A. (Economics) respectively. From the same year new combination of B. Sc (Computer Science) was offered i.e. (Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics).
- In 2002, Commerce Department started new courses of B.Com (Tax Procedure).The Commerce Department started Management Studies from this year and offered Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.). BCA was also started in the year 2002.
- In 2003, Microbiology Department Started M.Sc. (Microbiology).The College established the department of Bio- Chemistry from this year offering B.Sc (Biochemistry).
- In the year 2004, Faculty of Arts expanded the combinations for B.A. and established Departments of Drawing & Painting and Music. The College started the department of Education in 2004 and offered B.Ed.
- In the Year 2006 Department of Hindi Literature started Post Graduate Course M.A. (Hindi Literature). Departments of Zoology and Botany started Post Graduate Studies M.Sc.(Zoology) and M.Sc. (Botany).
- In the Year 2007,Department of Education started M.Ed.
- In the Year 2011,Department of Biotechnology started Post Graduate Programme offering M.Sc.(Biotechnology).
- In the year 2012, the college earned the most coveted ‘Autonomous Status’ from UGC.
- In the year 2014, Department of Commerce started B Com (Hon’s) in Accounting and Management.
- In the year 2016, the college started with 3 Certificate Courses in French Language, Hydroponics’ Certificate Course in Community Health: Physical activity, Social behaviour & Naturopathy.
- In the session 2017-18,the college started with Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application (PGDCA) and Certificate Course in Tally,Certificate Course in Certificate Course in MATLAB,Certificate Course in Mushroom cultivation, Certificate Course in Organic farming,Certificate Course in Sursrajan,Certificate Course in fashion technology and Diploma course in fashion technology.
- From July 2018,the College started Certificate course in food preservation and processing,certificate courses in Web designing and development, Certificate course in Networking,Certificate course in Computer typing.
- From April 2019,the College started Certificate course in Banking,finance and Insurance in collaboration with BajajFinserv.
Introduction of new courses,curricular innovations and examination reforms have made education here more significant and contemporary. Emphasis on work with a practical orientation, and methods of learning through oral and written presentations have enhanced competence and commitment resulting in a more exhilarating study ethos and atmosphere.
Over the years there has been a steady progress in research endeavours in terms of workshops,conferences, seminars,funded projects faculty publications,student projects, internships etc. Hence the College feels honoured to have contributed significantly towards society and “Women empowerment in letter and spirit”.The college stands at the threshold of silver jubilee celebration and is best described by following words.
“The woods are lovely dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
miles to go before I sleep“
News & Events
Admission Open for all courses for session 2019-20. click ...
Gold Medals Awarded in 2018 S.No Area of Award...
********** Mata Gujri Mahila Mahavidyalaya has been awarded A+...
Laurels: 2018-19 College received NSS State Award for outstanding...
February 18, 2019 TIME TABLE 2019_II, IV(UG)IATKT
Admission Open 2019 Admission Open for all Courses. For...