Course Title : Certificate Course in Computerized Accounting (Tally)
Duration : Three months
Credits : 20 credits
Offered by : Post Graduates Department of Commerce & Management Studies
Eligibility : 12th passed in any stream
Admission to the course: The number of seats will be 60.The number of seats can be increased from time to time with approval of the Principal, as and when the need arises.
Fees : 3000/-
Students Participation in the course (Attendance): Every candidate will be required to attend minimum of 75% lectures/periods/practical classes delivered to that class.
Concept: This course is designed to impart knowledge regarding concept of Financial Accounting. It will equip the students with knowledge and technical skills required for maintaining accounts through the computerized accounting package. Knowledge of all versions of Tally will be imparted.Tally helps to ascertain the financial position of the company. After the release of ERP version of Tally, the capability & functioning of Tally is much more widened and extended to a great extent.
- To train and develop competent office personnel for wage employment and for self employment.
- To make the student understand the role of an office in an enterprise.
- To make the student aware of the importance of the organization, management, procedure and practice in an office.
- To train the student in the theoretical and practical skills of using and maintaining office equipment.
- To develop personality traits, behaviour and work habits appropriate to the requirements of the job.
Curriculum:This programme will enhance knowledge on basic concept and application of Accounting. Students will be made skilled in the field of Computerized Accounting. Theoretical and practical sessions will be conducted to ensure a balance between knowledge & skills ratio.It is a job-oriented course and after the completion of this course the students will be competent to work in the field of Accounting, Inventory Management, Tax Management and Payroll Management.
Seminars will be organized during the course wherein students will be enlightened by various experts from within and outside the college. The course pedagogy also includes presentations where in, students will be provided with a platform to express their ideas and work done related to Computerized Accounting. Final assessment of students will be done through theory and practical examination followed by oral presentation.
- General Accounting concept.
- Types of Accounts.
- Preparation of Journal.
- Preparation of Ledger.
- Trial Balance and Adjustment.
- Final Account – Trading A/c, Profit & Loss A/c, Balance Sheet.
- An Introduction of Tally.
- Features of tally.
- Company Information.
- Accounting Information.
- Inventory Information.
- Payroll Information.
- Voucher Entry.
Evaluation Scheme of Examination
|3||Practical and Viva-voce||50||10|
Grading System is done for evaluation where;
A+ 90 – 100
A 80 – 90
B+ 70 – 80
B 60 – 70
C+ 40 – 60
C Below 40 (Fail)
Dr. Aruna Pathak
P.G. Department of Commerce
Mata Gujri Mahila Mahavidyalaya (Auto.)
Email: [email protected]