To make quality the defining element of higher education in India through a combination of self and external quality evaluation, promotion and sustenance initiatives.
- To arrange for periodic assessment and accreditation of institutions of higher education or units thereof, or specific academic programmes or projects;
- To stimulate the academic environment for promotion of quality of teaching-learning and research in higher education institutions;
- To encourage self-evaluation, accountability, autonomy and innovations in higher education;
- To undertake quality-related research studies, consultancy and training programmes, and
- To collaborate with other stakeholders of higher education for quality evaluation, promotion and sustenance.
In pursuance of the National Action Plan of the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bangalore, for performance evaluation, assessment, accreditation and quality up-gradation of institution IQAC was established in the college as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure, in 2004 after the college was graded ‘A’ by NAAC.
Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC, being integral part of institution’s system is working towards realizing the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance. The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the performance of the institution. Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC), Chaired by the Vice Principal, Dr Sangeeta Jhamb, Coordinated by Dr Meenal Rehman, functions to monitor the qualitative progress of the college and ensure continuous development through quality education, various activities and functions to channelize the efforts and measures of the institution towards academic excellence.
As a result of IQAC’ s quality sustenance mission towards academic excellence, the college earned grade ‘A’ again by NAAC in 2011, and Autonomous Status by UGC in 2012. In the third cycle of assessment and accreditation, the College has been awarded with grade A+ with CGPA 3.51/4 by NAAC, Bangalore in 2017 and Autonomous Status of College has been extended by UGC, New Delhi for further 10 years
Functions of IQAC (As per NAAC Guidelines)
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution
- To facilitate the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process.
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes.
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education.
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles.
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement.
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices.
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality.
- Development of Quality Culture in the institution.
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC.